My Thoughts On A Few Shows

Wow what a weekend for shows. I didn't make it to Tree of Life as I'd planned but will do so sometime this week. The movie I did get to was Green Lantern...it was so-so but I liked all the flashy stuff. I saw it at a matinee so I don't feel that I wasted too much of my money. If anything, the film was too long and had some boring parts in it. I just wanted Hal Jordan to kick some ass and it took a while for him to get around to doing so. And then the whole Hector as Parallax's minion wasn't entertaining at all. I'm not sure what exactly he was supposed to be other than some guy that ranted about how Hal Jordan always got everything and he got handed a steamy pile of crap. Plus the effect of Parallax being all smoky and just winding around skyscrapers looked cheesy. "I'm a smoke monster...hear me roar...!"

Falling Skies on TNT was awesome. I really got into the characters and am looking forward to following this series all summer. I thought that the effects given the aliens were good, I like how they revealed a lot of the backstory through different voices (especially those of the children), and I like the whole idea of the "harness" turning kids into brain slaves. I'm kinda wondering where they'll be going with this. I guess it's not all a curse because in the preview for next week's episode, one guy remarked that his son who had trouble breathing had been "cured" by the alien harness. Interesting...so it controls you but cures you of diseases...hmmm.  How is this going to play out in the course of the show?

Then of course I watched the season finale of Game of Thrones. This series thus far has been stunning, however, the dragons at the end of last night's episode looked terrible (think Photoshopped onto the screen by someone that couldn't get hired on by Industrial Light and Magic).  I'm really concerned about how some of the jaw dropping scenes are going to look in seasons two and three. Like, how is the attack on the Fist of the First Men going to look when the white walkers destroy the 300 men of the Night's Watch? How are the dragons going to look when Daenerys uses Drogon to kill the corrupt slavers in the city of Astapor?  Ugh...think SyFy Network special effects of Megashark vs. Giant Octopus and you've got the picture.

Camelot is also now over for the season and I have to say that this show was a huge disappointment for me. It seemed to start out strong and there were several parts of it that I liked but then it just went downhill and actually kinda got boring lol. I really don't know if I'll watch it next season if there is even a next season (I get the impression others didn't like it that much either from reading the forums). 

Have a great Monday and I hope your Father's Day weekend was excellent.

Followers

Pageviews Last 7 Days