My Heroes Part 1-Celebrating America's Greatness

My friends, I've a confession to make.

I have real-life heroes and I'm going to introduce you to one of them. 

She has a book deal...which is more than I've accomplished. And I've read the Agent blogs and stuff online.  I know that to get a book deal, you need to write a million words just to get the garbage out of the way.  You must write every day. You must hone your craft. You must sacrifice and edit, edit, edit. Because when your query goes across an Agent's desk, you get one chance.  That's it... one chance at brilliance. Some people make it...some people don't.  We should celebrate those that do.  So I'm celebrating one here.

She is my first hero.

She goes by B(ee) Palin--so cool, yo!

She made over $345,000 from being on "Dancing With The Stars".

If you're thinking of booking her to speak at your school or engagement, this is how it might go as she rubs elbows with Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino from "The Jersey Shore" another person that's worked really really hard to be where he is. I'm pretty sure...he could get a book deal $$$$ too.

This goes to show you that maybe... just maybe... if you haven't been published yet, you've been going about it all wrong.  I mean...there's no way that an agent or a publishing house would have accepted bad writing from her, right?  No way at all. So yeah...get to work!

I hope to show you more of my heroes in the future :) Happy Tuesday!

Followers

Pageviews Last 7 Days