Burning Man

Burning Man was held this last week near the town of Black Rock City, Nevada. For those of you who don't know what it is, from everything that I've read about it...all seem to agree that it is a festival for the "tragically hip".

Now...you won't find a definition online of "tragically hip".  It's only two words but they say a lot.  I have wrestled in my "writer/authorial" mind as to how I would define the condition of "tragically hip".  In a discussion that I had with my friend James, we came up with this definition:

Tragically hip ==> When a person is so artistic, so completely creative, that their talent strangles them. It makes them "weird" to normal folk.  And this end result is "tragic".  Think of people with horns implanted in their heads, teeth filed into those of a reptile and tattoos that cover all of their body.

Thus, Burning Man is made for the "tragically hip".

Do you agree with my definition?

Take a look at some of these pictures taken at Burning Man and posted online.
Very organized parking

Followers

Pageviews Last 7 Days