Interesting Agent News

I saw this posted on the AgentQuery website. I guess someone got a response from Lindstrom Literary Management, LLC and this is what it said:
Thanks for your submission, but I'm afraid I won't be taking on new clients as a literary agent. The last two or three years have been tough ones and it's almost impossible to place a new author with the mainstream publishers in the current market.

So I am changing my business from Lindstrom Literary to Flying Pig Media. The information will be up on my new website -- www.flyingpigmedia.com -- shortly.

With Flying Pig, I'll be working as a publishing consultant helping authors to self-publish -- or as I prefer, publish independently. I'll be offering services from craft/content editing to management of the publishing process to book marketing.

I am not, I repeat not, talking about going to traditional vanity or self-publishing companies.

If you're interested, I'll add your email to my mailing list and will keep you posted. I expect Flying Pig Media's website to be up within the next four weeks.
Reading between the lines...perhaps this is very bad for new authors seeking agents. Ah well...if you just murder your two-year-old daughter and get off on it by having a superstar defense team working pro bono because of the high profile nature of the case, then you'll get a huge book deal and movie rights and make more money than an innocent, hard-working middle-class person in America will ever make over his entire career. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, google "Casey Anthony book deal" and read. And shame on you for not knowing about this.

Followers

Pageviews Last 7 Days